Thursday 17 January 2013

What Alice Forgot-Liane Moriarty


What Alice Forgot - Liane Moriarty


Blurb:
'When Alice Love surfaces from a strange, beautiful dream to find she's been injured in a gym, she knows that something is very wrong - she hates exercise. Alice's first concern is for her unborn baby, and she's desperate to see her husband, Nick, who she knows will be worried about her.

But Alice isn't pregnant. And Nick isn't worried - he is in the process of divorcing her. Alice has lost ten years of her life.

When Alice returns 'home', it is totally unrecognizable, as is the rest of her life. Why is her sister, Elisabeth, being so cold? Who is this 'Gina' that everyone is carefully trying not to mention? And what's all this talk about a giant lemon meringue pie?

Over the days that follow, small bubbles of the past slowly rise to the surface, and Alica is forced to confront uncomfortable truths. It turns out forgetting might be the most memorable thing that's ever happened to her.'

My review:
First thoughts: 
When I saw the front cover and read the blurb, I expected to like it. It was intriguing, the thought of losing ten years worth of memories from an accident at the gym. I have never read any other books from Liane Moriarty, so I was excited to start!

Final thoughts:
At first, when I had started reading it, I thought the main girl, Alice Love, would start annoying me. Luckily, she didnt end up being like. I definitely liked reading it, but not necessarily my favorite book. It took me a while to get used to the layout and the changing between characters.
In my opinion, there was a lot Moriarty could have cut during the story and expanded more on the ending, which was quickly rushed into the epilogue. Too much happened in the epilogue! I also think the main character should have learnt a bit more from her injury, but she didnt really.

Definitely worth a read, and it got me thinking, 'How would I accept my life if I woke up one day and it was 10 years ago?'


No comments:

Post a Comment