Tuesday 20 August 2013

The Alphabet Weekends- Elizabeth Noble

Alphabet Weekends- Elizabeth Noble



Blurb:
Natalie and her sisters have known Tom and his family forever. They climbed trees together, scraped knees on the same pavements and shaped bonds that would last a lifetime.

So when Natalie's long-term love walks out on her, Tom's is the much-needed shoulder she cries on. And he dreams up an ingenious way to dry her tears; a series of Alphabet Weekends- activities which, if not fun, will nonetheless distract her- and what bigger distraction to get them started then A for Abseiling? And even as she plunges down cliffs, Tom hopes Natalie might see what's been staring her in the face all these years. His undying love for her.

But as they tumble from A to Z, their families and friends face broken hearts and tragedies of their own. Can the Alphabet Weekends unlock love in all its many and wonderful guises? And not only for Natalie and Tom, but for everyone they care about?

First Thoughts:
I loved this idea! Doing set activities for each letter sounded awesome! I was excited to see what they came up with. I hadn't read anything by Elizabeth Noble before, so I was curious to see how it would turn out.

Final Thoughts:
It was a lot messier than I originally thought it was going to be like. I liked it. I did, but while the blurb seemed to indicate that it was majority Natalie and Tom's point of view, it actually wasnt. It was in the end only a small bit Natalie and Tom and mainly focused on their relatives and friends, which I also liked. It was very interesting that, although Elizabeth Noble's writing style wasn't my favorite (I prefer Katie Fforde) I could get past it and actually be a part of the characters lives, and that surprisingly one chapter actually nearly made me end up in tears! (read: nearly!) That is unusual for me with a book.
I think, in my opinion, Natalie and Tom should have been minor characters and some of the others should be the major ones, but that is just all petty stuff and I actually really enjoyed the book!
If you are someone who really can't get over the less than perfect writing, then this book probably isnt for you. I did see another Elizabeth Noble book, but I didn't end up getting it, just because I wasn't too fond of her from this one.

I would love to hear someone else's view on it! Have you read it? Let me know what you thought in the comments :)


No comments:

Post a Comment